Dare To Do More 2021
WHAT IS DARE TO DO MORE?
A unique opportunity to compete for a rotational graduate position at PepsiCo by pitching your own big idea to the industry experts!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – PEPSICO Dare To Do More Challenge
PepsiCo “Dare To Do More Challenge” (the “Challenge”) is brought to you by PepsiCo International Ltd., a company organized under the laws of England and Wales with its registered office at Building 4, Chiswick Business Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5YE (“PepsiCo”), with the support of Agorize, a company with expertise in the organization of online business challenges for students (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘Organizers’).
- By registering to participate in the Challenge, the Participant unconditionally and irrevocably accepts and agrees to be bound by all these terms and conditions as stated herein.
- The Challenge is valid from 09:00AM (CEST) 1st of June, 2021 until 11:59PM (CEST) 31st of December 2021 (“Challenge Period”). The Organizers would communicate any changes of the Challenge Period, such as curtailment or extension, with due time.
- The Challenge is open to the following participants (“Participants”) - except the employees and contractors working with the Organizers, their affiliate companies and advertising and promotion agencies.
Citizens of legal age (18 years-old or above) who are eligible to work in at least one of the 9 (nine) participating countries (Poland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Turkey, Spain, Romania, Serbia, Bulgaria and Greece), have full time availability to start on the PepsiCo Graduate Program (as defined below) start date to be set by PepsiCo and:
- The Challenge is divided into 3 rounds. All submissions by the Participants need to be made in the English language. Further, all communications between the Organizers and the Participants, including the interviews will be conducted in English language.
- The Organizers shall publish the dates for each step in the 3 rounds to be completed by the Participants on http://daretodomoreeurope.pepsico.com and the Participants shall be required to regularly check for updates to ensure timely submissions. The Organizers will be under no obligation to personally inform each Participant of the dates to submit the required information/ documents for each round. Failure to complete a step by the required date as published by the Organizers, will lead to disqualification and the Organizer shall have no liability towards the Participants in such cases. The decision of the Organizer shall be final.
- Round 1: Registration and Business Case Delivery
- The Participants will enter the Challenge individually. For this purpose, the Participant must open a user account on the website http://daretodomoreeurope.pepsico.com and indicate the following:
- First name
- Last name;
- Email address;
- Phone Number;
- Confirmation regarding their profile (student or young professional);
- Profile photo (optional).
A confirmation email containing an activation link is sent to the Participant’s listed email address.
Once the account is activated, the Participant must provide the information listed below:
- Preference for department to work in;
- Select the country they have eligibility and ambition to work in;
- Availability to start the graduate program;
- Country of residence;
- Whether they are flexible to relocate;
- Field of Study;
- A brief summary and a visual for their idea;
- Information on their eligibility/right to work on a full-time basis in the country that they are applying for;
- To confirm whether they need or not sponsorship from PepsiCo in order to obtain their work visa;
- Issuing country of passport;
- Business case document: The Participant needs to identify a partnership that would help PepsiCo achieve its mission and create an impact. A full explanation of their idea should be included in their submission. Their submission should be delivered in PowerPoint/PDF format of maximum 8 slides.
Other information can be freely completed on the Participant’s profile in the account settings.
- The Participant must ensure all the details provided in the registration and participation form are correct. Any details found incorrect would entail a disqualification from the Challenge.
- The data provided by Participants shall be used by the Organizers for the purposes of attempts to contact the Participant. The accuracy of this information is the responsibility of that Participant. Any intentional or unintentional errors, anomalies or inconsistencies in the information communicated by Participants will make them ineligible for awarding of the Prize.
- The Organizers will not be liable for any loss of data due to server issues or other technical faults.
- The power point presentations of the ideas shall be evaluated by PepsiCo on the following criteria:
Selling the story
- To be valid, entries in the Challenge must be uploaded in the personal space of the Participant on https://daretodomoreeurope.pepsico.com/ by 11:59PM (CEST) on the 17th of June, 2021. Anything submitted after this deadline will not be accepted by the Organizers.
- The first 100 Participants to submit a business case will be entered into a draw to win a digital gadget worth approx. 85€
- Participants will be invited to join a series of webinars that will take place between the 7th June, 2021 and 15th June, 2021 where they have the chance to learn more around PepsiCo functions, the experience of current graduates at PepsiCo as well as tips and tricks on how to succeed in the Challenge. The details to join these sessions will be published on https://daretodomoreeurope.pepsico.com/.
- Upon request, a third party company (Jirada) will communicate information and latest news about the Challenge via Whatsapp Business
- The Organizers will create a shortlist of the total entries to move on to the next stage.
- Rounds 2 & 3 : Local Finals and European Finals
The two final stages of the Challenge detail as follows:
- The best Participants after Round 1 (“Local Finalists”) will be invited to the local finals (“Local Finals”) where they will be asked to register in the internal PepsiCo candidates platform, present their business case idea to a PepsiCo panel, participate in a group exercise and will have a job interview for a PepsiCo graduate program (“PepsiCo Graduate Program”). The local finals will take between the 19th of July, 2021 and the 31st of August, 2021.
- Job interviews for PepsiCo Graduate Program referred to above will be determined by PepsiCo in its absolute discretion and will not guarantee a job position for the interviewed.
- The place for the interview and for the graduate positions offered will be determined at PepsiCo’s discretion.
- For any graduate positions offered, Organizers will not provide assistance or cover any costs or expenses associated with any form of relocation that may be required from Participant’s place of residence to assigned PepsiCo office in order to take on such position. Any offer shall be subject to PepsiCo standard terms and conditions of employment. Such terms and conditions of employment would be provided to the Participant at the relevant time.
- The local Finalists will be informed via email or phone call, of the date, time and modality of the interview. The finalists will need to confirm attendance to the interview within 24 hours of the invitation received.
- The best Participants at the Local Finals (“Europe Finalists”) will be invited to join the final round (“Europe Final”), which will be held on such date as specified by the Organizers, virtually, via any platform decided by the Organizers.
- Each of the Europe Finalists shall prepare a one slide summary describing his/her proposal and send it to the Organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org) within the timeframe specified by the Organizers, that will take place between November 15th, 2021 and December 17th, 2021.
- In case any travel is required for the purpose of the Local Finals and/or Europe finals (this will be decided discretionally by PepsiCo), the Organizers shall bear all reasonable costs associated with travelling from the place of residence of the Local and/or Europe Finalists, boarding and food at the venue finalized by the Organizers. All other expenses not expressly included above will not be borne by the Organizers or any other agency on Organizer’s behalf, and will be the sole responsibility of the respective members of the local and/or Europe finalists.
- Unless due to any unforeseeable event that is beyond the reasonable control of the Local and/or Europe Finalist which has been notified to the Organizers as soon as reasonably practicable; if a Local and/or Europe Finalist fails to reach the venue for the interview or the venue for the Local and/or Europe Finals on the date and time specified by the Organizers, or if a Local and/or Europe Finalist fails to connect to the virtual local or Europe finals on the date and time specified by the Organizers, despite providing confirmation to the Organizers, his/her participation will be forfeited in entirety or may be passed on to the next Participant at the sole discretion of the Organizers.
- The Organizers shall not be liable for any cancellations and/or delays in the train/flights/cars/visas arranged for the Local and/ or Europe Finalists due to any reason beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to force majeure (incl. but not limited to act of God, including without limitation: an earthquake, fire, war or threat of war, act of public enemy, act of terrorism or threats thereof, riot or civil commotion, national state of emergency, enactment, rule, order or act of any government or governmental instrumentality, political instability, health epidemic), logistical problems at the airports/railway stations/roads etc. and local and/or Europe finalists shall not have any claim against Organizers for the same. Organizers shall not be responsible for any such eventuality and local and/or Europe Finalists undertake not to claim any compensation from Organizers.
- Prizes to be Won - The 3 best Europe Finalists in the final round will receive the following prizes (“Prize” or “Prizes”) according to their rankings:
- 1st Prize – One laptop (worth approx. 1,450€ market value)
- 2nd Prize – Vintage Style Bluetooth Speaker (worth approx. 250€ market value)
- 3rd Prize – Smart Speaker (worth approx. 100€ market value)
Acceptance of the above mentioned Prizes signifies express acceptance of the following applicable conditions:
- Every Europe Finalist recognizes and accepts that the Prize cannot give rise to contestation of any kind, to a request of delivery neither of their monetary exchange value, nor to their replacement or exchange for another prize whatever the reason is.
- In case of unavailability of a Prize, the Organizers will be free to substitute a prize of a similar value, of the same brand or of a different brand, at the discretion of the Organizers.
- Every Europe Finalist recognizes and accepts that Organizers will not be held responsible, in any case, for the dysfunction of the Prize or for any harmful consequence experienced by the Europe Finalist or any third party because of the Prize. It is stated that the Organizers will not provide any partner warranty service or assistance.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- Definition: The term "Intellectual Property Rights" refers to any Invention, any copyright or other rights over a brand or model and, more generally, any element that may be protected by international laws or conventions on intellectual property.
- Any Deliverable involving several Participants constitutes a collaborative work.
- PRIVACY RULES
- General Conditions
- By participating in the Challenge the Participant gives his/her free consent to abide by the rules, regulations, policies and obligations as mandated by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Participant, without any exception and at all times during the Challenge shall follow instructions given by the Organizers in its entirety. Any failure to comply with the instructions of the Organizers will result in the disqualification of the entry made by the Participant.
- The Participants acknowledge that certain information disclosed by the Organizers to the Participants during the Challenge Period may be proprietary to the Organizers or any of their affiliates and confidential in nature (“Confidential Information”). To this extent, the Participants agree that for the duration of the Challenge Period and for a further period of one year, they shall not disclose to any third party, and shall refrain from using, except as may be needed for participating in the Challenge, any Confidential Information of the Organizers, or any of their affiliates. The Participants shall not print, reproduce or otherwise disclose to any third party, or use for the benefit of itself or anybody else, or for any purpose other than for the purpose of participating in the Challenge.
- The Participants understand and acknowledge that any unauthorized disclosure or misappropriation of any of the Confidential Information may cause the Organizers irreparable harm, the amount of which may be difficult to ascertain and, therefore, agree that the Organizers shall have the right to apply to a court of competent jurisdiction for an order restraining any such threatened or further unauthorized disclosure or misappropriation and for such other relief as the Organizers shall deem appropriate, such right of the Organizers to be in addition to the remedies otherwise available to the Organizers at law or in equity.
- It is strictly prohibited to upload content (picture/text/any other content) of any kind that contains expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity, pornography, sexually explicit or against any religious sentiments or against any caste, creed or race or any material which is offensive to women or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with these Terms and Conditions or any other applicable law. It is also clarified that any entry which is in the reasonable opinion of the Organizer is found to be obscene, offending and hurtful shall be rejected immediately, the Participants will be disqualified from the Challenge; and appropriate action will be taken against the said Participant(s).
- The Participants agree and undertake that their entries will be their original creation and shall not in any way be obscene, vulgar, disrespectful or defamatory in any manner nor shall be in violation of any intellectual property rights or any other rights of third parties and/or applicable laws. It is also clarified that the Participants are solely responsible for any violation of any applicable laws and shall keep the Organizers indemnified in this regard.
- By displaying, publishing, or otherwise posting any material on or through the Sites or in connection with the Challenge, the Participants hereby grant to the Organizers, an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and distribute such material throughout the world in any media, without the requirement to make payment to the Participants or to any third party or the need to seek any third party permission. The Participants further agree that the Organizers are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how that the Participants provide to the Organizers. The Participants further grant to the Organizer, the right to use the name they submit in connection with such material, if they so choose. This license includes the right to host, index, cache, distribute, and tag any material, as well as the right to sublicense material to third parties, including other users, for use on other media or platforms known or hereinafter developed, such as for use on mobile phones, in video or music software computer programs. The Participants represent and warrant that they own the content submitted, displayed, published or posted by them on the Sites and otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth herein, and the displaying, publishing or posting of any content they submit, and that Organizers’ use thereof does not and will not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or entity; and that the Participants will indemnify the Organizers for all claims resulting from the content provided by the Participants.
- The Organizers have all rights to verify the credibility of the entry and to disqualify any Participant in case they have reasonable grounds to believe that he/she has breached or attempted to breach these T&Cs or the Rules of the Challenge.
- Decisions of Organizers will be final and binding with regard to the Challenge.
- The prizes are personal to the winners and are not transferrable and cannot be sold under any circumstances.
- No cash payment will be made in lieu of the prize.
- Organizers shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or any other liability arising out of the Challenge or due to participation by any person in the Challenge.
- Organizers shall not be liable for any loss or damage due to Act of God, Governmental actions, pandemic or other force majeure circumstances and shall not be liable to pay any amount as compensation or otherwise for any such loss.
- These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).